Friday, November 03, 2006

IM on Your i wireless Phone? You Bet!

If you ask your i wireless salesperson or customer service rep if the new Mobile Web options will let you IM your friends, they will probably tell you "no," but that's not true! With EQO Mobile, you can chat with your friends, whether they are on AOL, ICQ, GoogleTalk, MSN, Skype or Yahoo. I successfully downloaded and installed the application from www.eqo.com/a onto a Motorola KRZR K1. While it does work, it is EXTREEEEEEEMELY slow! I'm warning you now, if you are one of those people that pushes the elevator button ten times because you don't get a response fast enough, you are going to have to restrain yourself when using this application. I don't know if this is due to the number of contacts I had on my buddy list, the available phone memory, the available bandwidth, or something else, but it is painful. As with many of the applications I am going to review here, EQO is in beta testing, so that may have something to do with it as well. If you want the capability to instant message, it is there. I have not yet tried all the services. I was able to use AIM, but for some reason, my username and password for Google Talk did not take. I may try to log into Skype and Yahoo at some point in the future just to try it.

No comments: