Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Movie-Goers in Iowa City/Coralville and Cedar Falls/Waterloo Can Check Movie Times on Their Phones

I usually use "(ZIP code) showtimes" in Google to look up movie times, but tonight the newspaper just happened to be laying open on our table, so I checked the movie listings 'old school.' While doing that I noticed what looked like the address for a mobile website for Marcus Theaters (marcuspda.com), so I checked it out.

The site is simple and easy to use. It allows you to look up movies times either by theater or by movie title, and it provides the movie title, rating, run length and showtimes. And if you are looking up movie times for some future date, you can do that too. It looks like it has info for dates up to a week in advance.

I like Google, but Marcus Theaters' mobile website cuts to the chase. I have bookmarked it, and I will probably go there first next time I need to look up movie times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Except you'll miss out on the showtimes at non-Marcus owned theaters. Marcus sucks, so I'd be trying to go elsewhere whenever possible.